Labels

Monday, June 28, 2010

Had too much already?

If someone decides to write a blog about her memories, but her subject remains unchanging and repetative, it can mean only one thing. The blogger is in love with this subject.

I know that people in love act crazy. In some cases they also have 'love' names to show their affection. Well, as you can imagine, Leo gets called by his given name only when we need for him to not beg at the table. The rest of the time, the non-meal hours, he is called by various names by all of us.

I think Leo sounds majestic, but Lulu, Looli, Leloo, Lallan are all acceptable. Lelo (rhymes with J-Lo) sounds pretty good to me too. All these names followed with some face squeezing, neck scratching, baby talk cannot be good for Leo, but that is how I express my love. He has the rest of the year to tell his real family how he suffered at our hands. The kids think that being a bi-lingual dog (his family is Korean) he's got enough going in the left hemisphere of his brain. My name calling and using another new language every now and then (I speak Hindi, the Indian language that I am fluent in) probably confuddles him to no end.

I disagree with them. I think that even though he's my canine love, he get's the love that's coming to him in the tone of my voice. And proof of that is, lately, an hour after he sleeps in his nighttime bed, which my daughter keeps a foot away from her bed, he walks over to my room and sleeps on the floor on my side. Every morning when he needs to attend to his daily tasks, he walks over to my husband's side, puts his paws up, and wakes him up. Couldn't ask for a better behaved baby!!

-"Still crazy about the dog" momma

No comments:

Post a Comment